Sunday, January 15, 2017

Cookie & Elsie ad naseum!

I was washing up the breakfast dishes on Saturday morning (1/14) and I watched the tableau unfold…Michael left for golf….30 seconds later Cookie hopped up on the back of his reading chair to wait for him….30 seconds after that Elsie jumped down from her perch and went over to Michael’s chair, started kneading on Cookie’s back and settled herself in for a nap:  



















I know I have to stop taking these pictures....but after 5 years of this being a RARE thing (maybe 1 - 2 times per YEAR!)...I am just so facinated when it happens and I think they look adorable!  Anyway, 
I finished up in the kitchen by breaking into the barley and getting Mexican Chicken Soup in the crockpot 


before heading to the studio to finish loading Ethel’s quilt.  I got Ethel’s quilt loaded and basted (I had to call and talk to her for a bit because actually her front was significantly LARGER than her back): 



but am having problems with the program….I guess the higher number of stitches in the quilt makes it slow down tremendously.  When I came upstairs to get a snack for lunch, the “kids” had moved:  
















I continued to work downstairs and still didn’t have the program totally set when Michael (who came home with an 86 which included a 50 foot putt to save par) and I broke for dinner.  We left at 6:30 to head into Charlotte for the symphony playing STAR WARS music.  What a wonderful evening.  Many of the guests were dressed in STAR WARS garb, as well as a few actors portraying Darth Vader, Leia and several storm troopers.  The music was absolutely thrilling…you don’t realize how much it adds to the movie until you hear it alone.  I guess visual cues take much more precedence than auditory ones, but we certainly heard the full range Saturday night.  We were home by 11….read our books until mid-night and collapsed into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.