Monday, January 30, 2017

pancake breakfast, Queen's Feast

My honey and I had a wonderful pecan pancake & bacon breakfast on Sunday (1/29), 

bacon - master!

















after which he headed to the grocery store and I headed to my studio.  I cleaned my machine, changed needles, wound all of my bobbins and then proceeded to set up the pattern.  For some reason my program locked up, but finally by NOON I was ready to start stitching.  I kicked off the quilting….


loaded up a new Clinton embroidery and got that going, and even managed to do a bit of idiot sewing….just sewing 5 inch scrap blocks together willy-nilly.  I kept up everything until 4 PM when I needed to get ready to leave for dinner.  Joanne & Larry picked us up at 4:25 to head to TRIO’s for the Queen’s Feast…and what a feast it was. 



Michael and I had peach sparklers to start (Peach Schnapps with Champagne)....yum!!  And our starters were baby greens for Michael and Larry, spinach salad for me (and it was SO GOOD...I haven't had one in forever and it was yummy), while Joanne got the New England Clam Chowder.





Entrees: I had lobster ravioli:


Michael had the filet (and I gave him a couple of my shrimps so that he could have surf 'n' turf):


While Joanne & Larry had scallops & shrimp:


Dessert was French Silk Pie for MIchael:


Caramel Nut Brownie for Joanne:


While Larry & I both had the Almond Nut Basket with cinnamon ice cream....HEAVEN!


look at that presentation!!!




























When we got home we both plopped down on the couch and didn’t move for several hours!  I started to take the dog out at 9 PM, and was going to give Jan a call, but our phone was out.  So I walked to a neighbor’s house and called COMPORIUM, who said they would send someone out in the morning.  We both watched TV and I got my 2 sleeves totally finished and all of the ends woven in…now I just have to pick up the front bands and I will be done…it is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.