Wednesday, January 25, 2017

daffodils

I keep forgetting to post this picture...some of our daffodils have been up for a couple of weeks already:  
















My honey headed out to the chiro and other errands on Tuesday morning (1/24), while I had a quick breakfast and headed to my studio.  I started to stitch out an embroidery, and then began to cut out fabric for a new block.  I joined the bock-of-the-month at Thursday quilting this year, and our first block will be taught this coming Thursday, so I wanted to make sure I was ready.  We are doing star blocks this year, and my friend Mary Ann thought she would do hers in patriotic colors.  I thought that was a good idea as well, so I went scrounging for red/cream/blue fabrics:  



It took me awhile to find everything and get it cut and after that I worked on the minutes for the last Machine Embroidery meeting.  I had a 3 PM meeting with 2 other ladies to go over the appetizers we are doing at Sweet & Savory for March, and when I came home I settled back in with my book and finally finished it!  Ellen (one of the local librarians) got me started on books by Deborah Crombie and I am loving them.  Michael and I had leftover Italian Wedding Soup for dinner, then he made popcorn for Jan and me, and left to pick up Larry to head out to the movies to see PATRIOT DAY (the Boston Marathon movie).   Jan and I settled in with our popcorn to watch SULLY (I took it out from library).  We both loved the movie….Jan headed home sortly afterwards and my honey was home before 10 for a little book reading before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.