Friday, January 13, 2017

barley! and other stuff

So….I forgot to post a picture from Wednesday afternoon….I got a package in the mail at 3:42 PM:
















YAY!!  Thirteen pounds of black market barley from Yankee-land!!!   But then, I went to quilting, and my sweet friend Linda M brought me this:


 She said I can buy it a PUBLIX (a close by store that I rarely go to!)  It’s good to know….and it came just in time for the weather to go up to 70 degrees today (Friday) :~(.  But never fear…it will drop into the 60’s over the weekend, and I will be making soup again…I can’t wait…and I want to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to all of my barley finding friends. 


It was an exciting day at quilting on Thursday (1/12).  One of our members (Susie, who coincidentally took the bread class yesterday!) is A Tennessee Valley Quilting Authority certified judge in the states of Tennessee, Alabama & Georgia.  She gave a presentation telling us all about the training she went through and what she looks for in a quilt when she is judging a show. 

Susie & her Dear Jane quilt

It was fascinating (even though I have no intention of entering a show…I learned lots of things that I hope will make me a better quilter!)  She brought lots of examples…and even some antique quilts that she owns.  I think she talked for over an hour, and the audience paid rapt attention the entire time….so cool!  I brought the car home early so that Michael could make it on time to his dentist appointment (he broke a tooth and was not very happy about what they might have to do to fix it).  I loaded all of my books into the golf cart and headed off to the library to return and pick up.  When I got home from the library...here we go again:





I spent a lot of time on the phone when I got home, and finally took my honey out for dinner to make up for his dental experience.  We went to 521 BBQ and both loved our dinners.  Our evening consisted of a little sewing, a little knitting and a little TV.

1 comment:

  1. Never say never about entering a competition. You've already won in one. Do they have "art" type categories, like for your illusions wall hanging, or maybe the labyrinth you're planning?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.