Saturday, January 28, 2017

Bread Baking Class

Friday (1/27) seemed to go by in a flash.  We spent much of the morning talking to a contractor about things we might want to do to our deck.  I also managed to get sandwich dough made in the morning (we were totally out).  The contractor left around 10:30 and I proceeded to get set up for my hand kneading bread class, which ran from NOON until 3.  I got my sandwich bread baked just before the students got there….so they all had a piece  :~).  

we gave 1/2 a loaf to Gale & Phil

How could I NOT give them some when the house smelled like heaven when they got there!  I told them that was one of the best things about making your own bread….you get that incredible smell that just makes everyone smile.  It was a really fun group and I had a good time (as I think they did):  

Patti & her mom Helen

Joan & Donna

Flora

Flora, Patti, Helen, Joan, Donna



























































I was totally pooped after that, so after cleaning up the kitchen, I sat down, read my book for a bit and took a fabulous 1/2 hour nap!  My honey woke me up to ask if I wanted him to hit up ARBY’s for some fish sandwiches and I said an enthusiastic YES!!  I started to perk up over dinner and definitely got a second wind afterwards.  I got my 3 latest embroideries all cleaned up, 



and knit a bunch of rows on the sweater sleeves while watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.