Monday, January 23, 2017

cinnamon bread, champagne & puffy things

My honey had a hankering for cinnamon bread, so I went on the King Arthur website and found one to try.  I got the initial dough mixed up Sunday morning (1/22) before heading downstairs to get Ethel’s quilt off of the frame, tie in ALL of the ends (of which there were many) and rip out all of the basting.  I got the bread baked…and it was heavenly:  

dough in 6'' by 20'' rectangle, brushed with egg and some cinnamon/sugar

finshed sprinkling cinnamon/sugar..notice ruler in backgroud

rolled up and ready to rise

risen & in oven

yum-O!

look at that spiral

even more when not very edge of bread!

Now that we know how good it is, I will definitely re-write the recipe to make 2 at once  :~).  I didn't get finished with everything on Ethel’s quilt, but still left at 3 Pm to head to Pat’s to play RUMMYCUBE with Andi & Fay.  I told my honey I would be home by 5 PM for champagne and puffy things.  We decided it was time to sit down and really hash out what we wanted to do with our deck….so we decided to do it over C & PT!  

the champagne is loaded with frozen berries...practically a health food!

These bacon wrapped scallops are yummy!
































We had a really good talk, then settled in to watch PRINCESS BRIDE….one of our absolute favorites.  We finished that and watched WAITING FOR GUFFMAN…laughing at the absurdity of it all before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.