Thursday, January 19, 2017

another bread class, my honey

Wednesday morning (1/18) was  my usual scurry around and put everything away before 9 AM…SKYPE with Janice for an hour (sound yes, picture NO)…print recipes and measure out ingredients for the latest bread baking group and be ready to greet them at NOON!  

all set up

concentrating

being oh so careful

more concentration


adding water....a critical step

Ron deciding he's NOT going to eyeball the size of his rolls

Ron, Judy, Fay, Mary Ann

Mary Ann sent me a picture of her honey giving her efforts a thumbs up...AND a picture of the baked rolls:

don't they look yummy?!?!

I think everyone had a good time…we had some laughs…and everyone seemed pleased when they left.  I cleaned up the kitchen and collapsed in the living room with my feet up as my “dogs were surely barking”!!  I read for a bit before my honey came home…kind of disgusted with his golf score  :~(.  He wanted me to take this picture:



and point out that he's out on the deck, in short sleeves, and it was taken on January 18th!!  We had leftovers for dinner and I finally got down to my studio for a bit.  I received an email from the VFW earlier in the day and although my motivation is already high for making patriotic quilts, the words in the letter certainly made me want to make them all the more:

Without exception, these quilts have been received with great appreciation and emotion from each of the seven veterans receiving them. They noted the care taken in crafting these quilts as well as the patriotic theme including a personal inscription on each one.  Seeing Veterans recognized with this handmade quilt is truly an amazing experience.  It has been a privilege to have had the opportunity to present these wonderful quilts to all these deserving veterans. We are deeply gratified that you have taken the time to make these quilts.


So, I worked a bit more on my strips and I have 16 sewn together.  I think/hope that is enough to make the size quilt I want.  I’m going to start cutting them into squares and sewing up blocks so that I have a better feel for how big the quilt will be.  I also got an embroidery partially done; hope to finish it tomorrow and post pictures on Friday.  At 9 PM I headed upstairs to knit and watch a bit of TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.