Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Cookie & Elsie, embroideries, bread

Michael left early on Tuesday (1/10) for lunch with some of his golfing buddies and I headed to the studio to embroider.  I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it, but we have a mid-arm which was donated to our quilt group for our own use.  A couple of months ago I asked Loree if we had ever done anything for the man who donated it to us, and other than a thank you note, she said no.  So…on the next charity day a group of us put together a quilt for him.  It languished at my house for several (many?) weeks, until Loree finally took it home, put a border on it, and quilted it on the donated machine.  I stitched out a label for the quilt:  


to take to quilting on Thursday.  I headed upstairs around 10 AM to get bread dough going (we were totally out of sandwich bread) and found this:  




I timed the bread so that it was done around 1:30, so we had some for lunch after running 1/2 a loaf over to our neighbors Ginny & Ken (I figured they needed a little TLC after spending an evening in the emergency room last week then coming home, only to develop a bad cold) :  


I joined the Block of the Month at quilting this year, so I spent a lot of time in the afternoon trying to figure out what stash fabric I wanted to use for all of my blocks, but finally got one more embroidery done for my Christmas quilt before dinner:  


Michael made us smurfy grilled ham & cheese sandwiches for dinner before leaving to pick up Larry to see FENCES at the movies.  I headed over to Jan’s and we talked about quilting and patterns and fabric for several hours before I headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.