Thursday, January 26, 2017

new Clinton embroideries, Elsie & Cookie

My honey left for a golf tournament here at SCCL on Wednesday (1/25) while I was SKYPING (and yes…it actually worked :~) with Janice.  I headed upstairs after 10 AM to have a bit of breakfast, then it was back to my studio.  I finished off the third embroidery from yesterday:  


When I have time I’m doing embroideries for new Clinton quilts….I’m slowly working my way through a series of designs I bought awhile ago called CUTE SEA LIFE.  When I have 10 different embroideries, I’ll start putting the quilts together.  At this point I think I’m 1/2 way along.  I started new embroideries while also working on stitching out my BOM blocks.  The block of the month has a lot of snowball type sewing…..take a square (or rectangle) put another square overlapping the corner of it, sew new square diagonally and trim off.  This seems like such a waste to me, so I drew 2 lines 1/2  an inch apart on the top square:


and sewed on both of the lines: 


Then cut between the 2 lines.  That gave me the snowball type edge:  



plus a bunch of little 1/2 square triangles that I will use in something else:  


It was a lovely and peaceful day, exactly what I needed and I had company for most of it:  


















And even though my honey came home 2 hours early (he tee’d off at 11 AM, the rounds on Wednesday’s are always deadly slow AND they were feeding them dinner….so I expected him around 6 PM and he got home at 4 PM), he left me alone until 6 :~).  I finished up what I was doing and headed upstairs for dinner, then TV watching.  I’m still knitting on my sweater, but I’m on the second sleeve now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.