Wednesday, January 4, 2017

finish of yoghurt tutorial, snowball quilt layout

Michael had a routine doctor’s appointment on Tuesday morning (1/3) and was home for breakfast by 8:30 AM.  We had breakfast together, then he headed out on errands once again.  He dropped his clubs off for re-gripping on Monday and they were ready to be picked up today.  We had an extra package to send to the kids, plus he wanted to stop in at Triple “A” to talk to his favorite trip planner :~).  He also dropped off hundreds of golf balls and his old (but looking hardly used) golf bag at a place for Veterans.  I finished up putting together his yoghurt:  

fruit on the bottom

then yoghurt

a little jam for sweetness...with lids they're grab & go...just like the store  :-)

I just make 6 of them, and put the extra yoghurt into a quart container.  I found out that if I make up all 10 of them, the fruit on the bottom gets yucky by the time he tried to eat it, so I just make up 6 to start.  After that I headed downstairs to work on the 8 additional blocks for my newest quilt top.  I got those done, and got my quilt top laid out:  






















The rest of the afternoon was spent starting to sew it together.  We had leftover Chinese for dinner, then headed out to the movies (with a stop first at Joann’s for 50% off thread for the retreat hidden wells, 50% off pins for my long arm (I’m getting too low) and 50% off PLUS an additional 20% off for a full roll of fleece for charity quilts….SCORE!!  While I was at Joann’s, Michael hit Pet Smart for dog/cat food) to see ROGUE ONE.  The movie was very confusing in the beginning, with too many locations, but was ultimately very satisfying :~).

1 comment:

  1. That looks really pretty. Do you like it? Doesn't it go together quickly? My next project I am looking at is doing this pattern again in blues with the donated fabric I have.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.