Saturday, January 21, 2017

Elsie, new blocks, new card from my honey

I was up and out by 7:15 on Friday (1/20) heading to my eye doctor’s appointment.  As I suspected, I too was diagnosed with glaucoma (Michael was diagnosed in December).  So, I guess we will add a few more pills and a few more drops to our nighttime regimen…that’s the experience of getting older…right?  What is the grateful take away from this?  It was caught early for both of us.    Michael and I both have health insurance, and so far can afford our prescriptions…not a small thing to some people.  On the way home, I hit WALMART for groceries for martini night which I’m hosting Monday night, the DOLLAR TREE for table favors for Valentine’s Day (I’m a table captain for the Cooking Fingers tea…and the favors I bought are reusable everyday items, but I’m going to fill them with Valentine’s cookies  :~), and the liquor store (again for martini night supplies).  I made it back in time for my hair appointment at 11 AM.  I was home just before 1 PM (after a quick stop at the bank) and had a spot of lunch before heading to my studio.  I got the rest of my strips sewn and cut into squares for another patriotic quilt: 

I know there’s quite a discrepancy in my background fabric, the very bright white and the creamy tan, but I am using up what I had.  I had company the entire afternoon:  






























Can you tell what that is?  It’s Elsie, all curled up in a perfect circle with her nose buried in her tail….and her paw over everything to trap in her warm breath I guess...guess she was cold.  I got my squares all laid out in the block pattern: 


and got a start on sewing them together.   Michael and I had coupons for the new Arby’s that opened just down the road, so we headed there for dinner for fish sandwiches and curly fries (with horsey sauce for me of course :~).  The best thing about Arby’s?  On the way to my table, as I passed another table I heard the word quilt.  I backed up a few paces and said "I heard the word quilt....are you quilters?", with the result being that we sat beside these 2 lovely couples and I talked about quilting with the ladies for the whole of our dinner, while Michael talked to the guys about shooting (as one of them is a member of the Charlotte Shooting Club…where I took the WOMEN AND GUNS seminar several months ago!!!)  They were so nice and the ladies are going to try to come to quilting next week!  By the time we got home, we were both tired and watched TV for a bit while I knit on my sweater.

I'm finally remembering to post a picture of another notecard my honey drew over the Christmas holidays:  


Every once in awhile I come upstairs and he has spent the afternoon drawing a new design while watching golf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.