Saturday, September 26, 2020

vote on charm squares, Connie, Ethel

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  208,483

                  Yesterday:  207,555

******************************* 

We left at 9 AM Friday (9/25) for routine glaucoma follow-up  appointments.  Unfortunately, it seems that everything the doctor has tried to get the pressure down in Michael’s left eye has not worked, so he is scheduled for surgery in October .  Hopefully this will work to control his glaucoma in that eye.  We stopped for gas and at CVS and the Dollar Store on the way home…and were finally home at 2 PM.  

It has been overcast and rainy all day, and normally I would not fire XENA up, but Michael assured me that there were no thunderstorms in the area…and I know my customer is in a time crunch….so off I went:  



While that was stitching out, I made some progress on my teal/purple leftover charm square layout:  






So which layout do we like better…..first:  


or second: 




Please vote and let me know!


 Connie stopped by in the afternoon, to pick up plants (a gift from Pam) and check out our newly cleaned windows, and of course to see the library quilt….which she loved.  








 and Ethel joined us on the lanair:







I gave Connie some dates I am available and she will try to set up a meeting with Rita, the head librarian, for when we can deliver the quilt.  

Michael finally finished up the last of the Chinese (yay!) for dinner and we had a relaxing evening.  I wanted to get the library quilt out of the way, and thought it would fit on the buffet with minimal folds….and of course Ethel discovered it and had to lay on it:







And Debbie D (my college roomie) made the tomato pie...doesn't it look scrumptious:



Wish I were there to share it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Layout opinion -- I like the second layout better. And that 'mater pie looks awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cast my vote for second layout. The colors look better on the diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Leila and Jan. The second layout.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.