Thursday, September 17, 2020

Fiber Nutz mini-meeting today

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  201,405


                  Yesterday:  200,235
************************

It was 60 degrees outside when we got up on Wednesday (9/16)…WHOO HOO!!!  Michael left by 7:15 for golf here at SCCL.  He was supposed to be in a 2 day tournament with Doug (Paula’s husband), but the tournament got cancelled due to the threat of heavy rain from SALLY on Thursday.  A group of his friends got some reservations for today and asked Michael to join them.  I had a variety of chores to get done before trying to SKYPE with Janice at 9 AM, but our internet was out…..so I had to work with COMPROIUM for about 20 minutes to finally get it working.  I was VERY excited about the result of our discussions while SKYPE-ing…..I’ve been struggling with how to quilt the library quilt.  I know what thread I want to use and what pattern I want to use, but I don’t want to quilt over the embroidered words.  I practiced that on the second quilt I did on XENA, but that was 104 quilts ago and I know I will have to watch a bunch of how-to videos before I attempt it again.  PLUS, I was not sure exactly how much quilting I wanted to do on the white background around the outside of the embroidered squares.  Janice and I talked through several things and now we have settled on an idea that I am totally thrilled about….the rest of you will just have to wait and watch  :~).  

By 11 AM I was back in the studio, completing the last pass of the second QoV quilt:  


Did I ever show you the quilting on the quilt?  I don't think so.  Remember, this quilt was a bunch of leftover blocks put together...and Janice thought if I put pinwheels in the sashing as cornerstones, it would really help to pull it together:





My honey brought home hot dogs from the course for our lunch and I left just before 1 PM for a weaving get together.  I got to Rosalie’s patio a little early and was sitting there alone knitting, when a neighbor came over to see what I was doing.  Donna ended up getting her knitting: 

and joining us….she was a delightful addition.  She is making a sweater and I gave her a couple of tips that I think she really appreciated.  Rosalie was spinning (Joanne W., I'm surprised you didn't recognize Rosalie when she came with her friend to buy your loom!!): 

and when Pam arrived she had several aloe plants to give away: 


but she eventually settled down to plying yarn:  

I didn’t get home until after 5!!!  I always have a wonderful time with those ladies.  

Michael and I had leftovers for dinner and I got to sew for just a bit after dinner before joining my honey around 8 PM.  

When Janice went to Maine on vacation several weeks ago, she took along her fall themed fabric and offered to make seasonally appropriate masks for her family.  They picked out the fabrics they liked and she has been working on them:



1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid we are going to have to think about Xmas themed masks for those who are into that. Me, I will wear the same ones I have forever. Not going to any parties so who cares.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.