Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Connie, Paula, lots of Ethel, QoV given out!

Current US COVID-19 deaths:  199,027


                  Yesterday:  198,562

********************   

My honey left for golf on Monday (9/14), while I got ready for retreat day with Connie:  



I asked her if she minded knitting in the kitchen so that I could finally finish the feather quilt:  



Paula stopped down for a visit as well, and of course we talked about quilting....quilting....quilting!!!:  



Ethel was absolutely fascinated with Connie’s purse and knitting bag:  












and finally settled in for the afternoon:





She slept there for quilt awhile.  Connie stayed until around 2:30, just when my honey got home from golf.  He was disappointed with his score of 89…but I tried to remind him that he can’t always get a 78!!  

We both worked in the studio for a bit in the afternoon, he was running through his emails and I finished up the borders on the purple quilt top:  



I will not make this pattern again…while it eliminated using 1/2 square triangles, the bias edges were a royal pain!!  BUT, it did use up a lot of leftover pieces of cream-ish backing!

Paula and I took a ride in the afternoon and I got some muslin at HOBBY LOBBY for the back of the library wall hanging while she got 2 fabrics to use in a Georgia Bulldogs quilt for a very close girlfriend who will be starting dialysis soon.  

Michael and I had corn on the cob (and who woulda thunk it….grocery store corn in September in South Carolina and it was DELICIOUS!!  My honey picked 4 great ears!!!) and split a ZAXBY’s salad for a late dinner before settling in to watch TV before bed.

Jan H and Arizona Mary have been working for Operation Christmas Child again this year. They fill shoe boxes with practical and fun gifts for kids. These boxes are distributed around the world to children by a Graham organization called Samaritan’s Purse. (You may remember they flew tents and supplies to NYC to set up hospital facilities for NY COVID-19 patients early this year).  Mary and Jan fashioned makeup cases for girls 10 - 14 years old.  They used a pattern from a webiste called soseweasy.com


And I am THRILLED that one of my QoV's has gone to someone I ''know''!!  You remeber Ralph, one of Michael's golfing buddies who we also went to Iceland with (along with his wife Candyce)?  Recently a picture of his son in a military uniform surfaced on FB and when I talked to Ralph about it, he thought his son would really appreciate a QoV.....Ralph visited him this week and voila:



His son Ralph was in the Navy and served in the first Gulf War.  I am always thrilled when one of my quilts is given out, but it is particularly nice to have it given to the son of a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.