Thursday, September 3, 2020

Janice arrives

  Current US COVID-19 deaths:  190,014
    
Yesterday:  188,931

Do you remember when Trump was urging people to go to church at Easter, since he refused to listen to health advisors?  He thought it would be nice to see all of the churches full of people.  Can you imagine the current deaths now if people had listened to him?  Like the people who heard him suggest ingesting hand sanitizer...and are now dead?

*****************************   

Michael got to sleep in until 7 AM on Wednesday (9/2), due to a slightly later tee time, and picked another beautiful bouquet of hydrangeas before he left:  

I got kind of a slow start, but by 9 AM I was back in the kitchen, putting together our dinner!  Janice is coming today and I don’t want to be spending lots of time making dinner while she is here.  Just after NOON, here’s what happened:  


We were set up and sewing within an hour:  

And of course, her friend wouldn't leave her alone:  





Ethel also visited while we were working:

notice that paw sticking out:




Do you notice anything funny about the case for my portable sewing machine?

Yep, it suddenly grew a tail!  It's been on the kitchen floor forever, but that is the first time I've ever seen Ethel explore it....by the time I got my camera ready to take a pic...this was all you could see  :~).

We sewed until 7 PM, and just had snicky-snacks for dinner (Michael had yoghurt, Janice had an open faced ham & pickle sandwich and I had cheese and crackers), before re-tiring to the studio to watch ENDEAVOUR, and get a few labels done for 2 Beds=Dreams quilts:  


A smile for today for my quilter friends:  I’m  not self-medicating with fabric.  The lady at the fabric store wrote me a prescription.  

Well, she called it a receipt.  

Whatever.

2 comments:

  1. Super pictures! Ethel is so cute and so is cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie and Ethel are soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.