Tuesday, September 8, 2020

customer quilt started, new library embroidery


Current US COVID-19 deaths:  193,541

   
               Yesterday:  193,253
********************

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!  WHOO HOO…Another great night with all of the windows open and a temperature of 59 degrees when we got up on Monday (9/7).  I headed out for a bike ride, while Michael and Cookie headed out for a walk.  
After that I spent a relaxing hour on the lanair with my honey having breakfast:

 while I was drinking my tea and enjoying the sights and sounds.  All of the furry kids joined us: 
Ethel

Lucy in her favorite spot

Finally it was back to the studio to wind bobbins and kick off quilting:  


My customer has a flange as one of her borders:  
check out the green




that means I have to watch the stitch out on this quilt every second to make sure the flange doesn't get flipped up, so I didn't get much else done.  I got a little over 1/2 way done on the quilting by the time Michael and I had a late dinner.  
I had a lovely and long conversation with Pam in the late afternoon.  It seems that the quilt I gave to Bill after his stroke is on their bed…and she likes it so much that she has decided she really wants to make a full sized bed quilt!!!  She asked if I would help….are you kidding???  A chance to suck someone else into quilting???  You bet  :~)!!!  
Michael grilled hot dogs and I made a quick mac ‘n’ cheese to go with it, before heading back to the studio to finish another embroidery:  


This was done (with many thanks to June S for digitizing part of the design so that I could get exactly what I wanted) by 8 PM, when I headed upstairs to watch INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.