Wednesday, September 16, 2020

totally finished feathers quilt

Current US COVID-19 deaths:  200,235


                  Yesterday:  199,027

This is an op-ed letter from Deborah Langsam in today’s Charlotte Observer and I couldn’t have said it better myself (emphasis mine):

Republican or Democrat, business owner or consumer, front-line worker or at-home parent….it doesn’t matter.  We are all victims of a president who knowingly denied reality and politicized a public health crisis for his own gains.  The result?  A country that is the COVID-19 capital of the world – families shattered, businesses ruined, a stressed health system, and education for our children in turmoil.  The president could not have prevented coronavirus from reaching our shores, but he didn’t need to magnify the misery.  

********************    

My honey was up early on Tuesday (9/15) to get breakfast out of the way before leaving on a marathon of errands: hair cut, chiro, potential pierogi pick-up, definite champagne pick up, CVS, bank, routine doctor’s appt, LOWE”S for a hose.  He left at 9 AM and didn’t get home until 2 PM!  

My focus was making a good start on quilting the second QoV, and by 9 PM when I finished quilting, I just needed one more pass for it all to be complete.  Along with working on that, I did get borders put on a smaller quilt top I had put together after surgery: 

and also got out fabric for borders on a second one.  I stitched down my label on the feathers quilt and buried my binding ends, which enables me to say my 3 favorite words….I have a TOTALLY FINISHED QUILT (for Beds=Dreams):  


My honey made pierogis for dinner, and then had a movie night while I continued to work in my studio.  By 9 PM I was beat, and headed upstairs to read for a bit before bed.

I wholeheartedly agree with this: Here’s the problem with fruit….it’s inconsistent.  Some apples are delicious, and some taste bad.  Sometimes grapes are great, and sometimes they are disgusting.  You know what’s the same every time??   DORITOS!

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.