Sunday, September 6, 2020

Janice leaves :~(, library quilt advances a bit

Current US COVID-19 deaths:  192,886
    
               Yesterday:  192,146
********************

Michael left for golf on Saturday (9/5), hoping for a little cooler weather.  It has been so very hot for several weeks that several times he has not been able to finish golfing after getting heart flutters on the second 1/2 of the course.  
Janice and I had a leisurely morning, before sewing a bit: 
notice my quilt has grown a tail!

and then this:  
Janice said 'I'm not smiling....leaving gets a frown instead'!

Although I am beyond grateful for her visit, it is ALWAYS sad when she leaves.  Luckily, I will see her again in a month, when I travel to her home for a ‘retreat’.  
I spent a large part of the afternoon reading (told you Janice....the minute you left, my mojo did too!!), before finally tackling my feathers quilt again and getting the binding attached to one side of the quilt.  
We had leftovers for dinner and spent the evening with popcorn, watching ALL THAT JAZZ (a semi-autobiographical movie about Bob Fosse).

There's been a little bit of movement on the library quilt, I only have the 4 corner block embroideries to complete all of the blocks.  All 48 of the string blocks are done:







I may alter the placement of some of the embroideries....but basically, this is what the quilt will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.