Friday, September 4, 2020

Beds=Dreams totally finished, hot chicken salad, tomato pie, 2 quilts for Janice


Current US COVID-19 deaths:  191,114
    

Yesterday:  190,014
********************


Thursday (9/3) was another sewing day…Janice continued to work on her ‘john deere’ quilt (after breakfast and getting caught up on current events!): 


as well as Bonnie Hunter’s current leaders and enders project.  I worked on binding: 


and Cookie & Ethyl were in their normal spaces:



By the time I left to get my hair done, I had a totally finished quilt:  

This quilt comes with a story.  I bought 2 packages of jelly rolls at Foust several years back and tossed them into my project box for a QUAP retreat that came up within weeks of the purchase.  I got all of my blocks made and sewn together, with a border to make it big enough for a Beds=Dreams quilt.  I even got it quilted….and then it languished on the to-be-bound pile as I had no leftover strips to make binding with, and couldn’t find anything else that I thought looked right with it.  Finally I had the bright idea to look in my rainbow drawer…and I found what I thought was the PERFECT fabric (and Paula confirmed it when she saw it).  The bad news was…I didn’t have enough of it.  I tried unsuccessfully to find/buy more…..no luck.  Fast forward some number of weeks (or maybe months) and I am cleaning up some of the leftover binding strips on my door in the studio…and I FIND a length of binding out of the rainbow material….SCORE!!!  So, you really need to see it in person, to see how well the rainbow fabric complements the colors in the quilt…but all I’ve got is are pictures:



  
When I got home from the hairdressers, I gathered up the ‘feathers’ quilt, along with what I thought was binding, the label and the appropriate color thread and headed upstairs to begin binding it.  Turns out the binding I picked up was for another quilt, so I still have to make binding for the feathers quilt.  

By then it was time to start dinner anyway.  We had HOT CHICKEN SALAD (thx Paula for the recipe)

and tomato pie with the last of Loree’s tomatoes :~(:  
blind baking the crust

draining the tomatoes


a little bit of pesto

a few thinkly sliced onions (I didn't have any scallions)

a mixture of mozzareall/cheddar/mayo

OMgosh....so very yummy!!!
Janice ate everything VERY slowly…she said everything was so good she just wanted to savor every bite!  

Kristin 



came over after we finished dinner…she had quilted 2 quilts for Janice and was returning them:  




Of course the cats were fascinated with everything that was going on.  







they stayed here the rest of the night!

Kristin left around 9 PM and Janice and I retired to the studio to watch the first ENDEAVOUR of the new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.