Tuesday, September 22, 2020

lanair sign, furry babies

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  204,559


                  Yesterday:  204,122

I have to tell you….I read this and it just struck a chord:  ''How sad it must be to be a Trump supporter.  Believing that scientists, scholars, teachers, economists and journalists have devoted their entire lives to deceiving you, while a reality TV star with decades of fraud and documented lying is your only beacon of truth and honesty.''

Contrast that with: We once had a president who gave up his beloved peanut farm to avoid any conflict of interest and at 92 is still building houses for the poor.

Which one better represents the spirit and values that you want America to be known for?  The choice is up to you.

************************

Monday (9/21) was another cool, cool morning with the temp at 50 degrees when we got up.  Michael had kind of a leisurely morning, as his tee off time was not until 10 AM.  I putzed around until 11 AM when I left for the Lodge to buy tickets for a raffle Volunteers is having, and then toodled on over to Pat’s.  We headed across the street to HABIT BURGER and brought our lunch back to Pat’s screened porch to eat and talk.  I had a lovely time….we don’t see each other that often, so it was wonderful to just sit and talk and get caught up!  I didn’t get home until after 2 PM, and I was supposed to do paperwork all afternoon, but the lanair was beckoning, so I headed out there.  I spent a long time starting at my beautiful sign: 


and thinking about how much time and love it represents and how the color is SO PERFECT and how no one else in the world has one like it!
  And the rest of the time staring into space…and watching my furry babies….








and just dreaming about all manner of things.  My honey came home around 3:30 and joined me:  



I finally roused myself after 5 PM and headed downstairs to see if I could accomplish anything  :~).  I got the library quilt off of the frame, and got all of the basting ripped out and all of the bobbin ends woven in before joining my honey at 8 PM for a small dinner and TV watching and knitting.


*** I remember being able to get up without making sound effects. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.