Sunday, September 13, 2020

a perfect rose, library quilt top all complete

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  198,150


                  Yesterday:  197,473

********************  

Michael left for golf just before 8 AM on Saturday (9/12) even though the skies looked totally threatening.  When the weather is like that I don’t plug in XENA, too worried that a thunder storm will come up quickly, so I worked on the outside border of the library quilt.  My honey came home at 1:30 PM with a 78!!!!!  And 2 birdies!!! And his birdie streak is up to 3 games in a row.  When he came downstairs to tell me about his golf game, he brought me a perfect rose from our bush by the garage:


and helped me to put the library quilt on the wall…the top is complete:  



I LOVE it!  

I spent the rest of the afternoon drawing out the first quilt I want to do with my rainbow batiks.  Thanks to June N’s suggestion of where to find grid paper to fit what I am trying to do…it was a breeze!  And when I changed my mind, I just printed another sheet and started over.  That made it much easier than drawing my own….THANK YOU SO MUCH JUNE!!!  Here’s where I started:  


but here’s where I ended up based on the size I am going for:


After I got that done, I decided not to start cutting my fabric right away (as much as I wanted to) and instead made a start on borders for quilt tops I sewed while I was recovering from surgery.  

At dinnertime I nuked some broccoli and made a cheese sauce while Michael nuked our baked potatoes…and that was dinner….yum!  




We watched a couple of silly TV shows before bed.


I love this picture......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.