Wednesday, September 23, 2020

hawk, Lucy & Cookie, new layout started

Current US COVID-19 deaths:  205,503


                  Yesterday:  204,559

******************************* 

YIKES…..46 degrees when we got up on Tuesday (9/22), feels like we skipped fall and are diving into winter!!!  I got my blog started before talking on the phone with Janice for 1-1/2 hours.  We were on the phone because we could never get SKYPE to work.  I had a bit of breakfast after that (thanks to my honey getting me an ‘everything’ bagel at Panera), then he took off for a walk with Cookie and I finally got the last of the pesto made with all of the basil he picked days ago.  I was in my studio by 1 PM, with a goal of pulling together binding and sleeve strips for the library quilt.  I worked on that in the afternoon and I am really to go for my retreat on Wednesday.  While I was working I saw this:  




chasing a much smaller bird.  I think Michael called it a red shouldered hawk.  It was scary to watch!!!  

I also had company in the afternoon....I always think it is hysterical how Cookie manages to bunch up whatever she is laying on so that her head is up on a 'pillow':







I did intake on a new customer quilt in the late afternoon.  It is just simple batik squares sent on point....but oh so pretty....I can't wait for you to see it!

Michael got a crab sandwich at the truck at the Lodge, and headed off to his LLB meeting, and I headed up to the truck 1-1/2 hours later.  Connie ended up running errands far into the night, so she never made it to have dinner with me…maybe next week!  

Michael had movie night when he got home and watched CABARET, and after starting to layout my extra squares (from those 2 smaller quilts I just got borders on): 




I headed to the living room to read one of my KINDLE books.


*** I had my patience tested. I'm negative. ***

*** Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn't fit any of your containers. ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.