Monday, September 14, 2020

second QoV basted, hydrangeas

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  198,562


                  Yesterday:  198,150

********************  

I thawed out banana bread overnight and Michael had that with a couple of eggs for his Sunday morning (9/13) breakfast out on the lanair:  


With his faithful companion:



I spent time in the kitchen, chopping and prepping a bunch of stuff for our dinner:


I always have great ideas for dinner, but then 3:30 comes and it seems like too much work!  I do much better when I can get some/a lot of the prep work out of the way in the morning when I'm fresh....I think that's why I LOVE crockpot soups in the winter....everything done in the morning and I can sew until the last minute in the afternoon  :~).

I headed to the studio with a goal of getting the second QoV basted.  I’ve gotta keep moving ahead on these so that I can load up the library quilt next!!!  As I started working, Lucy was going crazy playing with a yarn ball, and finally exhausted her energy:





Doesn't she look drunk??

When my honey was done with his breakfast, he put together one for me:



I finished up basting and setting up the program in the late afternoon:




so, Michael and I took a golf cart ride to deliver some flowers to a friend who needed a little pick-me-up:  




And Michael also picked another beautiful bouquet for us:  




Our hydrangeas have really been spectacular with many, many blooms for the past 2 years thanks to my honey working on them…..a fact for which I am very grateful!!  

I headed to the kitchen after that to make Elephant Chicken Soup for dinner.  That took awhile, but we were finally eating by 6:30PM.  We both read our books in the living room until about 8:30 when we watched a bit of TV before bed.

My friend Connie got a new addition to her family....she looks so, so sweet:




1 comment:

  1. the cutest doggie ever!!! NAME?????

    Loved our soup--- love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.