Saturday, September 5, 2020

a visit to Corinne's


Current US COVID-19 deaths:  192,146

    
               Yesterday:  191,114
********************


Friday (9/4) was a day of ups and downs.  Janice and I picked up Paula just after 9 AM and headed to Corinne’s in Matthews:  


Neither Janice nor Paula had ever been there…and I was excited for their reaction to this:  






We all had a good time: 



but I was the big winner as far as who bought the most fabric….but I am THRILLED with everything I got!!!  

We spent several hours there, and then detoured to the Fort Mill post office on the way home.  WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!  I had a package that was postage due and I had to retrieve it at the post office.  Of course the line was very long and there was only one person working behind the counter.  When it was finally my turn, THEY COULDN”T FIND MY PACKAGE!!!!!  Honestly, I stood in that post office for at least 30 minutes, waiting for them to finally find it.  Don’t they have any procedures in place for where to keep this stuff???  By the time I got back to the car, Janice said they were seriously considering coming in to look for me!  

We didn’t get home until after 2 PM, and after sewing for just a bit:


Janice and I headed into Waxhaw to pick up my bike, and some PIZZA HUT for dinner.  Since it was such a long day, and Janice did all of the driving, she decided to stay one more night (YAY!!!!)  We retired to the studio after dinner to watch another ENDEAVOUR before bed.

Trump urges Americans to commit a felony – And showing yet again how little the occupant of the White House knows about Federal Law (or really anything for that matter): 
President Trump, who has frequently criticized mail-in voting, on Wednesday took his attacks on the process a step further, telling supporters in North Carolina they should go to polls even after voting by mail to "make sure it counted."
Voting twice would be a felony under North Carolina law — as is inducing someone to vote twice — warned Karen Brinson Bell, executive director of the North Carolina State Board of Elections, who issued a statement Thursday morning. (if you want to read the entire article: https://www.npr.org/2020/09/03/909138371/trump-urges-supporters-in-n-c-to-illegally-vote-twice)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.