Monday, June 11, 2018

flowers, garden harvest, kitties


Michael picked fresh garden flowers on Sunday morning (6/10) 


















before walking down to the river with Cookie.  After that he cooked bacon for breakfast while I started to load up a customer quilt that I just love: 


Once the bacon was done, I headed upstairs to cook my own bacon/tomato/cheese omelet for breakfast:  


Michael came downstairs and had a GREAT harvest from our garden:  

tomatoes AND blueberries

and we spent 1/2 an hour loading a new roll of batting under my machine….


this is always an awkward and HEAVY task….I have no idea how much a 40 yard roll of 90’’ wide batting weighs….but it is a LOT!!!  And putting it under my long arm is the best place to store it (on one of the extra bars) but is not at all easy to get to.  I spent a good bit of time getting my customer quilt loaded and basted 


and setting up the program.  Once I got it kicked off quilting, I had a bit of time to continue working on the binding for the colorwash quilt.  I continued to work on that the rest of the day, and all that is left is stitching down the label.  

We had the last of the sliders for dinner, along with a bit of the crab dip from Anne and I continued to untangle a mess of yarn from weaving while we were watching TV in the evening.  Michael couldn’t believe it, but after 4 – 5 nights of working on it, I finally got it all untangled….WHEW!!!  I can’t wait to get it rolled into a center pull ball and to load up my loom.  I promised the weaving ladies that by the time we met here again I would have something started  :~).

You know the kitties are incredibly curious...and when any new place to explore appears (such as an open cupboard door), they dash right in.  Michael put away the extra chair from our dinner Saturday night and of course they used that opportunity to explore the front bedroom....we generally keep that door closed.  When he went back several hours later....just like Elsie, they found the softest possible place to rest.....on top of my piles of quilts!!!









Weight Report:

  Ethel                 Lucy
                       
10-Jun      4 lb 6 oz           4 lb 14 oz
2-Jun       4 lb 2 oz           4 lb 9 oz
20-May     3 lb 11 oz          4 lb 2 oz
13-May     3 lb 9 oz           3 lb 15 oz
6-May       3 lb 4 oz           3 lb 10 oz
29-Apr     3 lb 0 oz           3 lb 5 oz
22-Apr     2 lb 13 oz          3 lb 2 oz
15-Apr      2 lb 7 oz           2 lb 11 oz
8-Apr       2 lb 6 oz           2 lb 8 oz
1-Apr        2 lb 3 oz           2 lb 4 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.