Friday, June 15, 2018

Scrap Happy Quilters show and tell, butterfly potential winners!!


I had to hop up early Thursday morning (6/14).  Since I bombed on making my green strips for class at Scrap Happy, I had to come up with something else to sew!  I saw a picture of a quilt I wanted to try on PINTEREST, so I got out my patriotic fabric and cut enough colors to get me started.  Since I’ll be making up the dimensions of the pattern, I wrote down everything I did so that I will know how much fabric I need when I do it in the future!

Well – the class at SHQ was superior and I am back to being totally excited by this project.  I’m going to buy some pressing strips (that may have to wait until August since FOUST apparently has them for less $$$, but that’s ok as my additional beads should be in by then as well.  They had so many samples for the class that were so beautiful….wish you all could have been there. There was enough time after the class for me to get started on a new Quilt of Valor…I didn’t get very far, but that’s ok.  Show and Tell was terrific (I'm sorry I have no time to write about any of these...the email sweep is happening in 16 minutes and I have quilt customers upstairs!!!):




























And when I got home around 2:30 I read a new library book for quite awhile  :~).  Michael came home with chocolate cake slices for each of us in honor or our neighbors birthday!!!  And that comprised MOST of my dinner!  I spent a bit of time after dinner getting the backing loaded for a new customer quilt, before joining my honey to continue ripping fabric away from batting and watching TV.  

I am THRILLED to say that Anne M, Arizona Mary, Linda M, and MJ are all in the running for the butterflies….although MJ, you will have to have GIANT notecards if you win…the butterflies are approximately 10’’ across by 7’’ down!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of dropping out of the butterflies after reading the other passionate comments! The comment I made that didn’t get through and prompted me to ask if it got through- was are they a set! I would love one but not sure what I could do with the others though just hanging them as
    a group is an interesting idea! I would appliqué one on a pillow. And I have that one picked out! So keep me in the running! AM💜💜🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like seeing all the variations of the Loree quilt, especially the black and yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.