Monday, June 18, 2018

blueberry pancakes, 2 finished customer quilts, AJ


I am SO STUFFED!!!!  Due to our abundance of blueberries, we had blueberry pancakes (https://realmomkitchen.com/1425/fluffy-buttermilk-pancakes/) for breakfast on Sunday (6/17):  














They were so high and light and fluffy I tried to take a picture from the side...Michael said they were melt-in-your-mouth good:  


If you decide to make them, don’t fall for that old substitute for buttermilk (a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice in a cup of milk.  That is WAY TOO THIN.  A much, much better substitute to use for buttermilk is 1/2 yoghurt & 1/2 milk).  

I also had yoghurt fermenting in the crockpot all night, so I put together 6 grab ‘n’ go cups for Michael:  




before heading downstairs to load up another customer quilt; this one is from Ellie:  


I realized I never posted finished pics of the 2 customer quilts I just did…so here you go:  


















Michael cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast, and got these shocking pictures of the children…playing nicely while sharing a pancake plate:  














He headed out on errands after that….to LOWE’s, Publix and CVS.  

You might have noticed that Michael and I haven’t been spending that much time together in the evenings….this is one of 3 weekends during the year that he is glued to the TV for golf (this weekend is the US OPEN) and I do not disturb him.  We usually have something for dinner that we can eat separately (last night was BLT’s…with fresh bread and tomatoes from our garden….OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!) and I get lots and lots of time in my studio!  

I made a quick trip over to Pat’s in the late afternoon (that’s hero Pat!!) to drop off some rulers and pick up a gift certificate, and came back to kick off quilting on Ellie’s quilt:  


While that was going on I made a small start on getting rid of the stuff that is lurking under my long arm.  This is going to take quite a bit of time as there are several quilts in various stages lurking under there!  I had a box that still had a lot of leftover squares from the recently finished colorwash quilt.  I counted all of the squares, figured out what I needed to do another similar quilt, went through my stash cards to find an appropriate addition, and got it cut and everything labeled to start that process.  This will be an excellent leaders and enders project:


Here's my pattern:


Michael and I both had salads for dinner and by 7:30 PM were finally back together on the couch watching TV  :~).

***MMR (Michael’s Movie Reviews)***

Ocean’s 8 = Danny Ocean’s sister Debbie, just released after 5 years in prison (sent there by an old boyfriend ratting her out), immediately starts plotting a new massive jewel heist and revenge.  A $150 million necklace is the target.  Assembling her crew takes time and slows the action somewhat, but once the caper gets going (and you ignore some plot “holes”), the movie takes off and delivers fun, tension, and some great twists I did not see coming!  Sandra Bullock stars and carries off her role very well….Enjoy!!!  I give it 4 fat quarters out of 5.

And here's your dose of cuteness for today....AJ gets into hats on the front lawn:



2 comments:

  1. The weekend is over - did you hold the drawing for the butterflies! Who is the lucky winner?AM143πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸΎπŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pancake recipe !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.