Thursday, June 28, 2018

brownies with caramels


We stayed up WAY TOO LATE on Tuesday night, so I was moving very slowly Wednesday morning (6/27).  My blog was finally out as Michael left around 9 AM to go to the chiro, the golf store, Lidl and Southern Spirits and while a potential new storm held off, I got more rows done on the current customer quilt.  By the time Michael got home at 1 PM I was just finishing up the last 2 rows….YAY!  I spent a good bit of time weaving in bobbin ends and ripping out the basting before trimming the quilt:  By the time I finished it was close to dinner, so I headed upstairs to try another run at my brownies (https://cafedelites.com/worlds-best-fudgiest-brownies/), with caramels that Anne had brought me a couple of days ago. 














The brownies were again OUTSTANDING….but I didn’t add enough caramels.  Michael and I still thought they were fabulous, and I emailed Anne to come over and get a container full, and she had a small one before she left and SHE thought they were great as well.  I still have caramels left from Anne and I think next time I want to melt them with a little half & half, pour that on top of the batter, and then swirl it all together before baking.  If you like fudgy, dense, dark chocolate brownies (made with only one bowl!!), these are the ones to try  :~).  I spent the rest of the evening watching TV with my honey and ripping out part of my Hunter’s Star pattern….I really thought I was sewing my HST’s together correctly, but no such luck!!!  I’ll have to try again on Thursday when I get home from quilting  :~(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.