Saturday, June 30, 2018

strata loaded, Barb M's quilt, a repair


I took a break from customer quilts on Friday morning (6/29) and decided to load up backing for 2 Clinton quilts.  Once that was done, I got the first quilt loaded and basted: 














and kicked off the quilting:  



I don’t even really remember making this quilt top, but I love it as it looks really bright and cheerful to me….what I strive to make all of my kids quilts look like  :~).  Oh, who am I kidding….I love SCREAMING COLORS on all of my quilts….whether I’m giving them away or keeping them :~).  

While that was quilting, I did some repair work.  Do you see anything wrong with this picture?  



You’ve seen it before in the blog…when I first finished this top, and fortunately my eagle-eyed friend Susie saw something wrong (of course she may have had an advantage since she is a quilt judge and more used to looking closely at quilts and quilt tops).  Look again….and I’ll give you a hint in the second picture:  


Yes, in this crazy looking quilt, Susie saw that the block, 2 in from the left on the bottom row was turned incorrectly.  She told me a long time ago, as soon as I posted it…and I was surprised at that time to have several people ask me if I was glad that she pointed it out….OF COURSE I was glad!!!  With my luck I would have seen it AFTER it was quilted and it would have driven me crazy….I would ALWAYS like to know if I have done something wrong that I didn’t notice.  I spent Thursday night ripping the block out, and Friday afternoon sewing it back in correctly so that it can eventually be loaded as the second quilt on Miss Scarlett.  


Barb M came by to pick up her quilt for her granddaughter (it's so big, I'm very glad she's doing the binding on it and not me  :~):  


and after that Michael joined me downstairs to work on his computer.  Cookie came along and at first wasn’t sure if she really wanted to lie down next to Lucy:  


but eventually she relaxed:  


I got a few more of my Hunter’s Star blocks done: 


before heading upstairs to help Michael finish off the Jambalaya….it was excellent…even better tasting than the first day I made it  :~).  

He made popcorn at 7:30 PM and we settled in to watch SPY (a recommendation from Michael’s sister Sue).  It was pretty funny (although the language was awful), and the popcorn was superior  :~).

BTW – the butterflies are FINALLY on their way to the winner!!  I expect a selfie of you holding your winnings!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Never in a million years would have seen that ‘mistake’! I can see the difference once switched! But I know if you know it is there than that is all you see! Still a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps forgot to,sing my comment, AM143πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸΎπŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I thought it was the blue strip in,I think,the second row that seems to be longer than any other color. I would have neve notices the difference in the placement of the one "you fixed" but then again its a beautiful quilt and no one will, be the wiser when it is received by a thankful child. We quilters are too hard on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.