Sunday, June 10, 2018

brownies, sliders, Anne, Paula, Edee


Paula called me on Friday since she noticed in the blog that I was going to Joann’s first thing Saturday (6/9) and asked to go along…so Michael left for golf (with the turtle towel) and I left to pick up Paula at the same time.  I scored one CHACO marker (was looking for yellow AND red…but will be content with one to go with my portable machine) and Paula picked up just a few things (FRAYCHECK & dishrag yarn) before we hit STAPLES (raffle tix for Fort Mill Theatre), then headed home.  I was home around 10 AM and immediately called the vet.  We suspected that Cookie had a UTI (urinary track infection) and that was confirmed by the vet when she gave me an emergency appointment.  I was finally home for good just after NOON and crammed in some breakfast as I was STARVING!!!!  I headed downstairs and got a label made: 


and also cut strips and sewed them together for binding on the colorwash quilt.  I got a good bit of the binding put on the first side of the quilt before heading upstairs to work in the kitchen.  

Michael came home from golf with a 76!!!  A 76!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The lowest score he’s ever gotten in his life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can’t believe he didn’t come running into the house, waving the scorecard over his head!!!!  He was actually very nonchalant about it….probably trying to throw me off the scent before he got to the news  :~).  We also got a call from Gale (Phil's wife) who LOVED the turtle towel....she knew the story and thought the towel was perfect!!!

I settled down after that to make brownies: 

forgot to take a picture until after we dug in  :~)
(I wanted to make them on Friday, but never got around to it.  I’ve just been craving brownies lately and it was a new recipe, a fudgy one-bowl recipe and they were AWESOME!!!!)  Then I put together those ham & cheese sliders with the poppyseed dressing:  



AT 6 PM Anne showed up with crab dip...yummy, 



Paula brought a layered salad which was excellent….especially because she left the peas off of my portion  :~) 

ok...being silly when I tried to take her picture!

and Ede brought a cheesecake for dessert…perfect!  


Just after 6:30 PM we all left for Fort Mill Community Theatre and met up with 6 others from our group for the DOYLE & DEBBIE SHOW.  It was a hoot of a play and I think we all enjoyed it.  We were home after 10 PM and Michael and I read for a bit before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Can you please send some of those sliders this way ? Or Maybe make at retreat ?!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.