Friday, June 8, 2018

Show & Tell and food at quilting


Michael had lots of time Thursday morning (6/7) to pack up the car for quilting as his tee off time wasn’t until 12:30.  I was fortunate to finish blocks #5 and #6 at quilting: 














now all of the blocks are done for this newest quilt  :~).  It will go up on the design wall and will hopefully look the way I envisioned in my head!  I still have to buy some sort of rainbow fabric for the vertical sashing…I’m hoping to hit Joann’s first thing Saturday morning.  

There was a brief 'feeding frenzy' as one of our quilters brought in free-for-the-taking fabric (yes, I got a few small pieces of blue for QoF's):














We had wonderful show and tell….I’m showing you my ‘Loree’ quilt again so that you can compare it to the other 3 ‘Loree’ quilts….each one is terrific:  



nice quilting...a decorative stitch around each piece































Today was food day and we had previously decided on salads, breads and desserts (of course everything was absolutely yummy!):  






















June's homemade bread & butter pickles







I was home around 2:30 PM after a stop at the library and spent a lot of time on my computer, getting various things done.  Michael got home after 4:30…exhausted from playing in the afternoon.  He had pizza for dinner while I got my colorwash quilt off of the frame and all cleaned up (I was still full from all of our fabulous lunch food!)  I headed upstairs around 8 PM to watch TV and continue to untangle some weaving yarn.

**********MMR (Michael’s Movie Reviews ***

SOLO – takes us on a trip to HJan’s youth and does it with style, humore and action.  Solo’s past is explored and his ultimate “bad boy” image is explained.  His relationship with Lando is expertly fleshed out.  There are the usual space battles and plot twists.  I enjoyed the trip immensely and thought the movie had an entertaining story wrapped up in Solo’s origins!  I give it 5 fat quarters out of 5.


1 comment:

  1. Ok, I definitely have to make a Loree quilt too. Please send or post the fabric requirements before retreat! !!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.