Thursday, June 21, 2018

Barb W, Martha, Mary B, lunch at the Greenway, Aunt Grace quilt totally finished


Wednesday (6/20) was a busy morning….Michael picked produce: 


and our first zinnias:


before leaving to take Cookie for a walk, while I got my blog out and showered and dressed up a little before SKYPE-ing with Janice at 9 AM.  We talked until almost 10:30, after which I gathered my camera and purse and headed out to pick up Barb W 


and Martha 


and Mary B 


for another trip to the Greenway Restaurant.  Paula had a table for 4 at 11:30 AM 

Pam, Paula, Terre, Linda

And they got the duck breast:


and the lamb burger:


My reservation was for NOON.  It was the first time for all 3 of my guests and I think they really enjoyed everything!  

Martha & Mary B got the ceviche:


While Barb W and I got the pork steamed buns:


As you can see, the main dishes are often something that you don't see everywhere!  

The Greenway has reservations on several different days, and the only thing that changes on the menu is the dessert.  I accidentally booked a reservation on Monday and called Susie B to ask if she wanted to go with 3 of her friends.  For dessert that day, they had a bluberry cake:

they do SUCH a gorgeous job on presentation!

For our dessert yesterday, we had a chocolate tart (basically ganache poured into a crust!), with blackberry sauce and a berry garnish:


We had a great time talking and (as always) were certainly full by the time we left.  I took a little nap when I got home :~), but finally roused myself to finish the binding on the Clinton quilt:  


I'm glad I dug this quilt out to finish as I had done a differnt kind of stippling stitch that I haven't used since....and I really like it so I'm going to have to use it again on a future quilt.  After that I worked on getting Ellie’s quilt off of the frame, burying the bobbin ends and ripping out the basting.  I started a label for the gray/black quilt, but the thread color was too hard to see, so I called Dolly to get more fabric and then joined my honey for an evening of TV.  I got the label all stitched down on the “Aunt Grace” quilt, so that is now on the pile of Clinton quilts to be donated in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.