Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sweet & Savory, Machine Embroidery show & tell


Michael left for golf in Lancaster Monday morning (6/18), while I got 3 more rows done on Ellie’s quilt.  While that was stitching out I started to tackle the next pile under the long arm.  First up were the borders I had ripped off of the Colorwash quilt.  I put these in the media room so that I can rip the blocks apart while I’m watching TV.  Next up was a quilt top a neighbor’s aunt donated to me for Clinton School.  I quilted it 3 years ago, but never got the binding on…so I started to look for something I could use, but before I found anything it was time for Paula to pick me up for our food filled day  :~).  We headed up to the Lake House for Sweet & Savory where the demonstrators:  

Christine

Gerry

Rosalie
prepared Tiny Tomato Tarts, Super Potato Puffs, and Roasted Garlic Shrimp: 


with Strawberry Drip Cake for dessert:  














Everything was yummy (especially the shrimp) and I brought the cake home for Michael.  Paula and I got to sit and talk for 1/2 an hour before heading back to the Lake House for a cooking demonstration.  One of the local assisted living places had their chef come in to talk to us and to prepare a typical meal:  


The steak was WAY too rare for me…so I gave mine to Paual and just ate the potatoes and asparagus.  They made a type of strawberry shortcake for dessert and I snarfed that down!!  


Paula won one of the gift baskets before I snuck out to go to Machine Embroidery Club.  Pat S taught us all about embroidered card making:










Of COURSE I am in love with this one !!!


















And then we had everyone else's show and tell (of course I got there late, so I didn't get pictures of everything):

Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

Nancy

Nancy

Nancy

Nancy

Cathy - to wrap around and cushion your seat belt strap

Cathy

Cathy


















Michael was home from golf…totally exhausted from the heat by the time I got home.  We talked for a bit before he headed upstairs to relax and I found fabric to make binding for the donated quilt.  I had an omelet for dinner and I started the long process of ripping apart the old Colorwash border while we watched TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.