Wednesday, June 20, 2018

blueberries, detente, QoV presentation


I got my blog out Tuesday morning (6/19) then headed out to have my hair done.  After my honey had breakfast he headed out on errands: ALDI’s, Publix, GNC, movie theatre for advance tix and a golf store where he found a hat that he’s been looking for for ‘days and days’!  He was home around 1 PM and I was already quilting again on Ellie’s quilt.  There are so many rows on this quilt that I have to keep plugging away everyday or it will never get done  :~).  Michael did another harvest of blueberries: 


and while we were both working downstairs in the afternoon, we had semi-détente:  



I continued to work on the quilt all afternoon and by dinnertime…it was done…YAY!!!  


While it was stitching I was working on the binding for the donated Clinton quilt, but had to stop as I needed a label and couldn’t find any fabric.  Michael and I had a quick dinner together, then Larry picked him up to go to the movies and I headed back to my studio to continue working.  I found some fabric and got a label made: 


and by the time Michael got home I had the binding almost completed on one side of the quilt.

The VFW had another presentation of one of my Quilts of Valor:





Pete is always very careful to point out my label and read it, for which I am very grateful.  Denver is a Korean Army vet and I am thrilled one of my quilts went to him as he and his wife Joan used to go out with our theatre group all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.