Sunday, June 3, 2018

Marsha & Bob, Ann Mary & Jim for dinner


Michael was up and out for golf on Saturday (6/2) while I got mini-cheesecakes baked (company for dinner.  That's a red and black raspberry sauce on top)


before heading downstairs to get my blog out.  I decided to stay in my studio for a bit…long enough to get the Loree quilt basted: 














before heading back upstairs for more kitchen duty  :~).  

I made my favorite orzo salad, with basil and mint harvested from the garden:  


And set out all of the ingredients for my popovers (everything MUST be at room temperature….one of only 2 rules for success with popovers…the second is not opening the oven door while they’re baking!)


I read my book for awhile before heading back downstairs and wonder of wonders, when I got up from my chair…this happened:  















I spent a bit of time cleaning, half of the pool table went from this:  


to this: 


before getting another strip sewn on the sew and flip blocks: 


In the later afternoon I headed back up to talk to my honey, get my balsamic glaze done for the platter of tomatoes, 


and clean up the kitchen.  My honey came home from golf, happy with his 85 and spent a bit of time getting the table ready and getting out extra chairs.  We had a horrific storm Friday night that snapped off many of our glads, so Michael picked a bunch and added them to the vase in the living room…it looks gorgeous:  


















Marsha & Bob: 


and Ann Mary & Jim (with the friend Jim made as soon as he came in the door):














showed up at 6 PM, just as Michael was finishing chicken on the grill and we sat down to an excellent dinner with a lot of lively conversation.  We sat and talked in the kitchen for 2 hours, had a bit of dessert, and finally moved into the living room to talk more a bit more before everyone left.  Michael and I read our books for about an hour before falling into bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.