Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Colorwash totally finished, tutorial for dinner

  • Michael was up at 6 AM for a super early tee time on Monday (6/11) and since (as he said) I was sound asleep, he kept Cookie and the kitties out of the bedroom until I got up at 7.  I got my blog out, then sat on the phone with Paula as we made our Greenway Restaurant reservations for next week (YAY…we both scored!!)    After that I kicked off more quilting on the gray customer quilt and finally got the labels sewn down on my last 2 quilts, so the colorwash quilt is totally finished (this will be another Beds=Dreams quilt...it is my goal to concentrate on those this year, and I'm pretty sure this is the 5th one I've completed so far):  




I spent the afternoon quilting and only had 1-1/2 rows to complete when a huge thunder/lightening storm rolled in, so I shut down everything and unplugged my machine.  Michael came home from golfing with a score of 80, so he was still a pretty happy camper.  Before the storm hit he harvested another dozen plum tomatoes, so we took a bunch over to Ann Mary & Jim and I decided to use up a bunch for dinner.  

Here’s my tutorial for a yummy dinner:  

Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet (LOVE my ALL CLAD...thx Ginny!), before throwing in a mess of onions:


After tossing and cooking them for about 5 minutes, I tossed in 5 - 6 large mushrooms, cut into quarters:


After cooking 5 more minutes, I tossed in 4 of those chicken sausages, cut into 1/2 inch half rounds:


After sauteeing for 2 - 3 minutes, I added in 5 large plum tomatoes (you could use regular, or a pint of cherry/grape tomatoes cut in half, or even a can of diced tomatoes):


Add in 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning and stir it all around:


Michael had been cooking 6 ounces of pasta in the microwave in the meantime, so I threw in 2 handfulls of spinach:


And he poured in the cooked pasta:



And voila...a little shaved Parmesan and it was a terrific meal:














We watched a bit of TV after that and I got my tangled weaving yarn wound into a center pull ball; now I just have to warp up  :~).  

I’ve got videos of the kitties….Ethel climbed into a bag of selvages, and Lucy kept coming by to attack/groom her:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.