Friday, June 29, 2018

Show & Tell at Scrap Happy Quilters


My honey’s tee time was a little later on Thursday morning (6/28), so he made me a toast/cheese/spinach/egg for breakfast: 


and packed the car before I left for quilting.  

I finished off the first color for my blocks on my new project at quilting:  


And as always, it was a fun time with great show and tell:

Dolly's beautiful quilt


And another fun quilt (front AND back) from Floy:


















June made an extra large, embroidered bath mat for her daughter and son-in-law:


And Jerry showed us her prize winning needlepoint which looked as beautiful on the back as it did on the front:


Susie embroidered a lovely poem about learning to sew from her mother:


And Jeannie got a new embroidery machine and was facinated by the applique embroideries she learned in class:


Mary showed 2 lovely quilts:














And Robin got the borders on a half square triangle top she has been working on:


Jerri did this string pieced quilt out of men's ties (just using the skinny back part):


And Denise finished her 3-D Christmas pillow from our class 2 weeks ago:


As a group, we have finished 2 more Quilts of Valor:














And Jerri finished one on her own that she is donating to our group:


I had a wonderful time at quilting until almost the very end when I discovered that everything I had sewn in the morning for the second color on my blocks would have to be ripped out  :~(.   I’m doing a new pattern for which I don’t have any instructions…..just a picture and I started sewing the second level without totally thinking it out and engaging my brain!!!  

Oh Charlie, where are you when I need additional ripping power  :~)??  

Michael and I spent the rest of the afternoon (we both got home after 2 PM) in the living room, reading our respective books.  It was leftovers for a late dinner, and then TV and ripping for the rest of the evening.

***MMR – Michael’s Movie Reviews***
HOTEL ARTEMIS – Jodi Foster stars as ‘nurse’ in a crime/noir drama set in 2028.  She runs a hospital for criminals in a riot torn city.  A bad bank robbery starts off the story.  While she is trying to treat patients, the city’s top gangster needs treatment and there is an assassin trying to kill him too.  Lots of action and bloodshed ensue.  It’s a strange departure role for Foster, but she handles it well.  Her back story is key to the plot and makes for some great plot twists!  I give it 3 fat quarters out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.