Saturday, June 16, 2018

cinnamon bread, customer quilt loaded

OK....I was so irritated that I didn't have time to talk about the Scrap Happy Show and Tell on yesterday's blog that I'm showing it again with my comments....so read through or skip this first part...it's up to you! 


Mary Ann's applique quilt.....SO adorable!!

what kid wouldn't love this??

Jerry's rag rug...she made it by crocheting strips of fabric

a Beds = Dreams quilt top, made during our recent charity day

a 'retreat' bag....pack all of your stuff, close the bag, when you get to your destination it snaps open and stays open!

this was a mystery quilt Loree did several/many years ago

another picture of my colorwash quilt

Jerri with a striking string pieced quilt

Robin & Loree are working on this same pattern

another Loree pattern quilt

and yet another Loree pattern quilt


*****************


What happened to Friday (6/15)???  Out to a meeting with the gals in the morning….grocery shopping at ALDI’s on the way home…home after 10 AM and got bread dough made…met with air conditioning guy (it seemed to not be working over these past few days)...ran down to work on blog…quilting customers came…threw them in the kitchen and said I'd be right back…..got blog out (with only 14 minutes to spare)….took care of quilt drop off…Michael came home from taking kitties to vet (routine)….bread ready to be shaped (totally over-risen!!)….



got that done….was STARVING as I hadn’t had anything but my morning tea, so finally made ham/onion/cheese omelet…bread ready to be baked…decided not to give away second loaf and instead make into cinnamon bread:  





that was the right decision…it was YUMMY…and honey very surprised!!!  

Finally downstairs again at 4:30 to get through tons of emails.  We have an email chain going because a friend’s roommate of 30 years died…. memorial to take place on Monday, then the friend had a STROKE!!!  And my friend Pat W saved her life!!!!  Pat was talking on phone to Sue….Sue stops making sense…Pat says “I’m coming over, try to unlock front door’….Pat gets there, front and back doors locked….Pat calls 9-1-1…..they come…don’t want to break into house because it’s all dark and Pat was talking to Sue on cell phone so no guarantee that she was home…Pat says ‘if she was out somewhere and collapsed, someone would have answered her cell when I called her back’…neighbor sees ambulance and comes over with key….Sue on floor….EMS bundles her out the door…..thank GOD for Pat’s quick thinking and acting!!!  It’s been a heck of a day so far!


I finally made it downstairs in the late afternoon and while Michael was out making another great harvest:  


I got the next customer quilt fully loaded and basted:  


yes, those 3 D carrot tops are going to be a pain in the PA-TOOT-TIE!

The only other thing I got done was pressing all of the seams in the trellis quilt (although that took a long time).  Michael and I watched TV in the evening and I got all of my blue backing fabric separated from the batting.

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad someone commented you were cooking much and all we see are a few baking projects, I think I gain weight just looking at the yummy pics!AM143πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸΎπŸΎ

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.