Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Ginny, Gale, Sally, Ann Mary for breakfast out, scrap blocks done


Monday morning (6/4) Michael headed out for golf but not before making his regular golfing omelet (spinach, mushroom & swiss cheese):  

yes, that's the last leftover popover in the picture too!
The kitties have found a new place to hang out while he's having breakfast…fascinated by the birds on the front lawn (seconds before I snapped this picture there were TWO kitties in the window):  


After breakfast Michael headed out to our garden for our first harvest: 



YAY….our first tomatoes!!!  

I headed out to a monthly breakfast with the ladies:  

Ginny, Gale, Sally (hiding) & Ann Mary
Usually we go to Sally’s for breakfast, but today we decided to check out SUNFLOWER BAKING in Ballentyne…..YUM!!  We all got some sort of breakfast sandwiches 

here's mine - egg & bacon on cheddar biscuit

and then talked and talked and talked!!!  I didn’t get home until 1:30 PM…and we left at 8:30!!!  Of course that did include a quick stop at Sally’s house to see the absolutely adorable outfits she has bought for her first grandchild….due in September!!!  

Once home I spent the afternoon working on my scrap blocks, and by dinnertime…they were all done!!!  Here they are before trimming:  















and here’s after being trimmed:  



Quite a difference…right?  

Michael was home around 3 PM after playing Pinetuck….they haven’t played there in a long time…and won’t play there again for another long time  :~).  

Anne stopped by in the late afternoon…I have a friend who has a lot of pain from neuropathy and Anne has put together some oils for her to try.  We had to go over a few things before she took off.  I stopped for a quick dinner, did a tiny bit of cleaning…other 1/2 of pool table before:  


and now:  


I'm really glad I got this stuff put away....new legs for my long arm (old ones are collapsing!) have been missing for over a week.....found in a bag on the pool table!!!

Cutting table before:















and after:















After that I started to clean up the Loree quilt (ends in, basting out, etc).  I headed upstairs at 8 PM and got my final HST’s trimmed and ironed.  Now I just have to sew them together in sets of 4 and then Michael can start laying out my Hunter’s Star.

Some pictures from Connecticut....and beyond...

BG finished her wavy bag class (inside & out, reversible):




And her granddaughter is visiting abroad....can you guess where?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.