Sunday, June 17, 2018

another customer quilt done, dog rag rug


Michael was up super early for golf on Saturday (6/16) and I had a very relaxing morning, reading, eating breakfast, playing with the kitties…. anything I could do to procrastinate about quilting the newest quilt with those 3-D accoutrements :~). 

Finally at NOON I headed downstairs, slowed the speed down on my machine…and got through the ‘bad’ parts just fine!  


yes, I'm past the 3-D carrots at this point



By 4 PM the entire quilt was finished (it was a small one) and I berated myself just a bit for being so nervous about it  :~).  While the top, non 3-D part was stitching out (yes, I loaded it upside down so that I could get past the yucky parts first  :~), I managed to get 2 more areas of my sewing room cleaned:  




























Although I really felt I deserved a treat after that (the appropriate treat being starting a new project :~), I stuck to my guns and continued working on old stuff that needs cleaning up.  I started to stitch together leftover batting strips:  














Barbara M came by to drop off a quilt and we spent a bit of time having a good ‘chin wag’ about this and that and everything else!

Arizona Mary is on the board again with a dog rag rug (she says these are all the rage on Pinterest right now...isn't it really cute?!):



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.