Monday, February 6, 2017

Steelers quilt #2, Cookie & Elsie, dinner w/ Pat & George

I spent Sunday morning (2/5) piecing backing for the second pants quilt…remember that?  Jerri & I finished one pants quilt last year, and the woman wanted a second one, but was in no hurry.  Jerri finished the quilt….but I put it at the bottom of the pile, to be done after all of my Christmas stuff was finished.  I finally resurrected it!!  Dolly stopped by to pick up her second Steeler’s quilt:  



Her grandson is coming tonight to watch the Superbowl…so she will give it to him then.  I am SO GLAD I pushed myself to get it done! When I came upstairs to greet her, this was happening:  




After I got the backing done, I got the pants quilt loaded and basted 




before taking off for Pat’s at 2 PM.  We haven’t seen each other for awhile and decided to spend a bit of time together.  I took my knitting, while Pat worked on pillows for her guest bedroom.  Michael rented DEEP WATER HORIZON and stayed home to watch it, then came over to Pat & George’s for dinner.  She promised she was just going to throw something together:   






Yummy burgers on the grill, fixins’, cole slaw, chips & dip, and a jello mold!!  Everything was great and we were both stuffed when we left around 7 PM.  I headed downstairs when I got home to take an inventory of my Foust fabric and to think about what I want to buy at the big sale on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.