Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sandy's quilt finished, new BOM

Michael left by 9 AM for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (2/18) and I headed down to my studio shortly afterwards.  Joanne stopped by to pick out a pattern for her baby quilt, but the rest of my time was spent finishing up Sandy’s quilt.  I was all done by 1 PM and I think she will really like it:



the feather pattern looks gorgeous on the quilt:  
















After that I got the second border on my patriotic:


and thanks to a suggestion from Susie (a Thursday quilter) I think it brings out the red in the center of the quilt a bit more (I totally felt like the blue took over once I finished the snowball blocks!!!)  Hopefully quilting it in variagated red will help a bit more as well.  I also made myself make the binding for it right then  :~):  



After that, I printed out the directions and cut squares for the block of the month: 


which is what we will be doing at quilting this week.  I didn't like the directions the way they were written AT ALL, so I made 1/2 square triangles instead.  I decided to continue to work on it, and by 8 PM I had finished all 3 squares that I wanted to do…YAY!!  


I headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey, and knit on a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.