Saturday, February 11, 2017

Michael's birthday!

We had a busy morning Friday (2/10) which was my honey’s birthday!!!  I got some of the ingredients ready for his traditional birthday cake before SKYPING with Janice (YAY – it worked for the entire time!!!!  We switched from Wednesday because I had to attend the modification meeting).  Michael took Cookie for a walk while I was talking, then he had pancakes for breakfast before opening his presents:  




















After that I worked on the cake and it was finally in the oven at 11 AM.  Once it came out: 


I left it to cool, and headed downstairs to work on the pants quilt, and the binding was done before dinner....YAY!!!!  Michael came down to run his emails…so of course we had company…and since it’s been at least 2 days since you’ve seen cute pictures of my furry babies…here they are:  



Cookie always has to have her head on some kind of pillow

I headed upstairs around dinnertime and even though these pictures are blurry (I couldn't get a clear one), I just had to include them…the sky was GORGEOUS….it looked like there was a huge fire through the trees:  

















After that, I finally made the frosting for the cake:  

Michael likes a thick layer of frosting in the middle!




and I had helpers as I was doing it:  




Jan stopped by to buy some tone-on-tone white fabric, and also to bring us 2 milkshakes!  Michael and I had planned to go out to dinner, but ended up deciding to stay home, have champagne and puffy things (when we went to the Queen's Feast with Joanne & Larry, they served champagne with peach schnapps, so we decided to try some with schnapps and some with amaretto.  The amaretto was too strong and knocked out the taste of the Asti, so for my second glass I switched to schnapps with Michael): 


and watch some of our favorite shows (and of course have birthday cake, each with some ice cream from the milkshakes):



Michael said it was a wonderful birthday!!  And…about that birthday cake….if you’re within driving distance of the house, PLEASE stop by for a piece…..

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.