Sunday, February 26, 2017

butterflies, Elsie & Cookie, Thursday project, Sandy's quilt

Saturday (2/25) was another beautiful day for Michael to go golfing here at SCCL (It ended up being over 80 degrees in the afternoon).  I headed downstairs before breakfast and it took me a long time to get the program set up for my quilt, because I wanted to make sure I had a dense enough, all over pattern.  This is the quilt that I hand affixed all of those embroidered butterflies to (when I decided the quilt looked boring once it was done!) 
















and I wanted to make sure the quilting helped to hold on all of the butterflies.  I finally found the program I wanted and got it saved before heading upstairs for a late, late breakfast….of course there was snuggling going on:  
















I spent the afternoon quilting.  I had hoped to work on my taxes while quilting, but I had to watch every row and make sure my butterfly edges didn’t get flipped up with the quilting foot going back and forth, so that’s what I did.  I did manage to get my Thursday quilting project blocks up on the design wall:  


and discovered I need another purple one and another red one, so I got those squares cut out ready to go.  I called Sandy in the afternoon and headed out to deliver her quilt:  



She has been on a cruise for a couple of weeks and when she got home, she twisted her back and was flat out for a bit, so I told her I'd deliver.  Michael and I had fish sandwiches from ARBY’s for dinner ( we love those things) and snuggled in to watch EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL in the evening.

5 comments:

  1. Hello, Debieeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post!
    It is the little changes which will make the largest changes.

    Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been browsing on-line greater than three hours these days, but I
    by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It is pretty worth sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners
    and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the web will
    likely be much more helpful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for finally talking about >"butterflies, Elsie & Cookie, Thursday project, Sandy's quilt" <Liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey terrific blog! Does running a blog like this require a massive amount work?
    I've absolutely no knowledge of coding but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyways, should you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog
    owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I
    simply wanted to ask. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.