Thursday, February 23, 2017

Elsie & Cookie

I got my blog out and that was IT Wednesday morning (2/22) before SKYPING with Janice at 8:30 AM.  We had a wonderful time and some good show and tell before I had to leave for my meeting at the Lake House at 10 AM.  Have I mentioned that we are trying to close in our deck?  Well, a closed in structure has different restrictions than an open structure….and the county wants us to short our deck by 1-1/2 feet  :~(.  I’m really not happy about this for several reasons, not the least of which is because that would mean that it would no longer fit the footprint of the patio that is underneath it…..so I’ve been spending my time exploring what I might have to do to get approval.  The meeting was part of that exploration….and it will now be sent on to a 5th party for questioning.  I was home by 11:30 and this was going on:  



After taking pictures, I headed downstairs and started right in on cutting and ironing my 108’’ wide backing to load up one of my quilt tops…..YES….one of MY quilts…not a customer quilt…..YAY!!!!  When I was almost done ironing I found a hole in the fabric  :~(, so had to start all over again, but I finally got the back loaded.  


Michael came home from golf and we loaded up the golf cart (including Cookie) and headed on out.  We delivered some hats/scarves to a teacher at Clinton School, then headed on down to the river.  We sat on comfy chairs; sipping our drinks and watching the world go by.  Several hikers stopped to talk and it was perfectly delightful!  By the time we got home, it was time to cook a teriyaki pork loin for dinner and Michael made baked potatoes to go with it.  After that it was knitting and TV watching until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.