Wednesday, February 22, 2017

lunch at the Greenway restaurant, new blocks

Paying some bills, throwing laundry in, reading emails and posting to my blog were all I managed to get done before Paula 


picked me up at 10:30 on Tuesday morning (2/21).  We met Mary Ann 


& Linda 


at the Lake House and headed into Charlotte for lunch at the Greenway Restaurant.  I didn’t manage to score a reservation this time because I was on my way to the big FOUST sale when that happened, but Paula graciously invited me to go with her….SCORE!!!  As usual, the food was incredible:  








And the dessert…..OUTSTANDING:  
















I was home by 2 PM (after a quick stop at ALDI’s) and spent the afternoon starting to sew together my re-claimed 1/2 square triangles.  Here are the beautifully trimmed triangles:  


Sewn into twosies: 
















then foursies: 



for an eventual block that will look like this:  


Pretty good from something that most people would have thrown away....right?  The block will be 12 inches finished, so will fit in perfectly with whatever other blocks of the month I complete this year, and I should get 4 - 5 of these reclaimed blocks.  Michael and I decided to make one pot pasta for dinner.  I forgot to tell you that Monday night, we opened our Valentine’s bottle of wine and watched FOR THE LOVE OF SPOCK.  This is a documentary that Adam Nimoy made about his father Leonard.  It was all about his time as Spock and his impact on our culture, but when Leonard died in 2015 Adam decided it needed to be about his father's life as well.  We have been trying to find this movie for literally MONTHS…and it finally appeared on NETFLICKS and Michael found it.  Why is this important?  Because the wine we opened was a bit too dry for both of us, so I decided to use it up in the one pot pasta!  It was yummy.  


Michael sautéed mushrooms separately and stirred them in at the end:  
















a few curls of parmesan and voila….dinner:  


Michael left after that for the movies, and I knit and watched TV while he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.