Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Show & Tell from machine embroidery

Michael left before 8 AM for golf in Lancaster on Monday (2/20), while I hopped up and got a few more 1/2 square triangles trimmed before heading out to Sweet & Savory.  Although I packed my camera, I am sorry to say that I never got one picture of the fabulous food they had :~(.  The theme was CIAO ITALIANO and there was White Bean and Escarole Soup, bruschetta and Pesto Cheese Balls.  Dessert was delicious sponge cake with cream cheese/whipped cream frosting, garnished with fresh fruit.  Everything was perfectly delicious and beautifully presented.  Pat and I had a machine embroidery meeting in the afternoon, so we just sat at the Lake House talking until 1 PM.  I took lots of pictures of our show & tell to make up for the lack of food pics  :~):  

First up is this "dolly trolley" that George gave Pat for Christmas.  Her machine lives upstairs, so lugging it up and down the stairs is no picnic.  This "climbs" up and down stairs and works really well!  Pat's machine is longer than the base, so the wheels kept hitting them.  George and a neighbor built a wider/higher step for her machine to sit on, and now it works like a champ:





















Next up, Pat took a class on her embroidery machine and created these "tiles" that were then stitched into a pillow....gorgeous:



June is a professional embroiderer (she does embroidery for Southern Nest and also any commissions from regular people!) and she always brings several perfectly pucker free hand towels:


Gail is really getting into these TOTALLY embroidered scenes, and made 2 "windows" for granddaughter's birthdays:



I don't remember who made this pillow, but it was probably Joyce who does a lot of seasonal decorating her her home.  It is so pretty:



Cathy W made the rest of these stunning designs (and many, many more things....I swear she spends all day and night at her machine):




these embroideries were SO gorgeous















I got home around 3:30 and was really beat, but couldn’t fall asleep so I hopped up to continue to trim my 1/2 square triangles.  Remember the patriotic top?  



Well, making each of those 27 snowball blocks created 108-1/2 square triangles which I stupidly did not trim BEFORE ironing them open :~(.  I finally finished trimming the last one at 8 PM and headed upstairs for the rest of the evening.

Kate sent a picture of the baby quilt in the nursery....doesn't it look great?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.