Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Cookie, yoghurt, new blocks

I was up early on Tuesday (2/7) because I knew I had a long blog entry to get out and also, Tuesdays have kind of become my “sew all day” day, since I am teaching bread on almost every Wednesday.  I decided something had to give with the bread making every week, so I have dropped out of Stitch & Chat at least while the bread classes are going on.  When I went back upstairs to pick up my tea, someone had already eaten breakfast and was back in bed:  



I made yoghurt for Michael overnight and had to get it into containers:  




Those are black raspberries and they are YUMMY!!  Michael took Cookie for a walk, then headed out to COSTCO.  We are considering changing over from BJ’s to COSTCO, so he went to check it out.  I had a lot of interruptions and phone calls while he was gone, but quilting on the pants quilt was finally finished by NOON.  While it was stitching out, I worked on cutting out and sewing a few strata:  


to go with blocks put together previously:  


I spent the afternoon cutting my strata to turn it into 4 patches: 



and did a quick layout on the design wall once I finished a few:



I was hoping I would like the combination without putting blue snowball corners on all of the red blocks….but I didn’t like it at all (and when I asked Michael to look at the wall vs the picture in the pattern, he said the pattern picture was so much more dynamic), so I heaved a big sigh and proceeded to begin cutting the 4-1/2 inch squares I need for snowball corners on the red blocks.  We had leftovers for dinner and Paula & Doug picked us up at 5:45, and swung by to get Jan and we all headed to the movies to see HIDDEN FIGURES.  This movie was incredible and I would urge everyone to see it, but for me it was also tinged with sadness.  I wonder how many other resources (intelligence/ideas) have been lost due to the color of someone’s skin and also, here we are 54 years later and I’m sure many people have said “look how far we’ve come”, but some days I feel like we haven’t come nearly far enough with race relations  :~(.  We were home by 9:30 and read for an hour before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.