Saturday, February 25, 2017

new quilt, driveway party!

I left the house just after 7 AM on Friday (2/24) and didn’t get back until almost 1 PM!!!  First stop was picking up Jan before heading off to the eye doctor’s.  He’s very pleased with how I am responding to the glaucoma drugs and wants to see me again in 4 months.  Then we tooled on up to Joann’s, I needed buttons while Jan bought some fabric.  Then it was back to Himebaugh’s (the Viking sewing machine store) where Jan bought bobbins.  After that we hit Michael’s for a new baking pan, Trader Joes for a bunch of groceries, then the liquor store and then home.  I’ll tell you…Jan WEARS ME OUT!!!  I had to take a nap once I got home!  One of the HOA board members swung by around 2 to check out our backyard to bring our proposal before the board at some point, and I finally headed downstairs around 3 PM.  I finally finished up loading and basting a quilt on Miss Scarlett 
















before heading to the driveway to set up for our party.  The first driveway party of 2017 and it occurred on February 24 :~).  We had 11 people (but only got pics of a few):
Phil

me & Evelyn

Jim & Ann Mary

Susan































































sitting, eating, drinking, and talking for several hours and it was wonderful.  By the time we cleaned up, Michael and I were both beat so it was knitting & TV watching.  Have you seen that BBC America is doing PLANET EARTH 2?  We watched the first one and it was incredible….and this series looks to be equally wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.