Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Cookie & Elsie

My honey went out to breakfast with friends on Tuesday morning (1/31) and I ran to Harris Teeter to get different kinds of bagels (sliced on the bread slicer, just like I used to do at TIC) and whipped butter and veggie cream cheese and took it all over to the library.  Nancy (one of the librarians who also happens to live here in SCCL) is retiring and today is her last day!  They were very happy to see me and we talked for a bit before I scored some kid’s books from the donated/sale room (trying to build home libraries for Clinton kids) and headed back home.  I got home in time to head out with Michael to the dentist.  Michael got his permanent crown put in, and I got my temporary one.  After a LOT of time in the chair, and a short stop at ALDI’s, we were finally home around 2:30.  I immediately headed downstairs to work further on Ethel’s newest quilt.  Michael left at 3:30 to get his hair cut and drop off a package at UPS, and when I came up at 4 Pm to get something to drink…this was happening:  



















I got Ethel’s quilt loaded and basted by the time he got home, 



and we spent a bit of time talking before dinner (a cold meatloaf sandwich for me….YUMM-O).  Michael left around 7 PM to pick up Larry to see TRIPLE X (a Vin Diesel movie with lots of action, car chases, shooting, etc), while Jan came over and we watched YOU”VE GOT MAIL.  All in all a lovely evening!m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.